Resources for Pet Owners
Grief Support Resources
- Humane Society Silicon
Valley Companion Animal Loss Support Group
- For everyone, free monthly virtual support group.
- Birch Bark Foundation of Santa Cruz
- For everyone, free virtual monthly support group.
- SAGE Pet Caregiver Support Group
- For SAGE clients, virtual support group, twice montly.
- Peninsula Humane Society and SPCA
- For everyone, free monthly virtual support group
- 650-340-7022 ext. 328
- Ohio State Honoring the Bond, includes quality of life assessment information
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- ASPCA - Pet Loss Frequently Asked Questions
- Chance's Spot
- The Pet Loss Support Page
- Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of Your Pet, by Moira Anderson
- The Loss of a Pet: A Guide to Coping with the Grieving Process When A Pet Dies by Wallace Sife, Ph.D.
- Grieving the Death of a Pet, by Dr. Betty Carmack
- Pet Loss: A Thoughtful Guide for Adults and Children, by Herbert A. Nieburg and Arlene Fischer